Medstar, Michigan’s largest EMS and mobile healthcare provider, is seeking some ghouls & boys, witches & warlocks who may need a hand trick-or-treating. This is an opportunity for a few local kids in our service areas to enjoy Halloween when they might not have otherwise been able to.
This program is designed for kids who can trick-or-treat but usually wouldn’t be able to due to medical restrictions. The child will be picked up from their home (or medical facility) in a fully decorated, spooktacular ambulance. The child and their family will be escorted through a predetermined neighborhood on a stretcher, with full medical support, until their hearts are content and their candy bag is filled.
To nominate a child for this event, please fill out the form below or email email@example.com. The nomination deadline is due by October 18.
Please review the Medstar participation guidelines before filling out the form.
- The date of the event will be on October 31, 2022, between 6 pm and 9 pm
- The child and parents should reside in one of the Medstar service areas within Bay, Lapeer, Genesee, Macomb, or Wayne Counties.
- Children in a hospital or medical facility can participate, and Medstar will coordinate with the facility to determine if we can accommodate them.
- The child should be between 4 and 13 years old.
- The child’s family should be willing to share their experiences with media partners.
- Medstar will make the final determination of clinical appropriateness for participation.
About MedstarMedstar is Michigan’s largest 911 EMS and mobile healthcare provider, serving more than 190,000 patients annually throughout lower Michigan. Created in 1993 by two local hospitals committed to quality EMS, the nonprofit agency now serves communities in nine counties. It provides care, air medical, and interfacility clinical transportation for Ascension-Michigan, Henry Ford Health System, and the McLaren Healthcare Corporation. For more information, visit www.medstarambulance.org.